Tuesday, August 4, 2009

College diet


My brother is going off to college next year. HIs experience is going to be "better" than mines because his wise sister (lol) taught him all he needs to know. Well, not really but I did impose some wisdom. If all things work out the way they are suppose to, then next year I will be off to law school or the Peace Corp. I am going into my last year which is really sad. I wish I was a freshman again because it was so exciting meeting new people and making adult decisions on your own for the first time.

One thing you get to finally decide on is what kind of foods to eat and when you want to eat. You can have cold pizza and beer for breakfast ( I hate this combo but if you hang around enough frat boys like I do, you know what I mean). For dinner you can have ice cream if you wanted. Some people, in order to save money, ate ramen all the time. Ramen isn't the healthiest but there are things you can do to make it great( get into it later). If you live on campus without a kitchen, you probably end up with a meal plan. But as upperclassmen we usually have really little money on it or no plan at all. I don't know many people eat healthy in college.

When your parents no longer control the food you buy or what you intake, you can run into a little trouble especially during Freshmen year. Freshmen 15 anyone? I didn't because I workout a ton but many people did. Whatever you want whenever+drinks+no workout=Freshmen 15! So for anyone going off to college, everything in moderation and always remember to workout. Try to eat your veggies. For the rest of us, how did you survive the college diet? Anyone gain freshmen 15? What are/was your college diet staples?

On the side note, there are many ways to make healthier ramen. I made ramen without the oil because it isn't necessary. Cuts the calories by tons. I would sometimes make ramen noodle without the water, using the soup base, some soy sauce, veggies, protein of your choice. I would come up with different ways to make ramen. Ramen recipes are endless. I probably made up 100s on the spot. My friends all did love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment