Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Uncertain




As some of you guys might know, I am going into my last year of college. How scary and exciting is that?! I have so much emotions going through me now. I actually still have 2 papers I haven't finished yet that I need to by the 15th of this month. It was my study abroad papers. Plus, I need to study for my LSATs. I know I want to go to law school for sure but with my current LSAT practice exam, I'm not sure which school will accept me. Its hard for me to focus when its summer. I work well under chaos when I have tons and tons to do. When school starts thats when I start being productive.

This is my final and last year of college. I seriously am not ready. I'm currently a Journalism major, but other than that, my life seem so unplanned. I wish I was a freshmen in college. College is seriously 4 or 5 of the best years of your life. Independence, all nighters, drinking till you are out and experiencing things you never ever did in high school. Its wonderful! I am missing it already! I want school to start but everything is going to be a last. Last time to choose a class, last thanksgiving break, last month long Christmas break, last spring break, last thirsty Thursdays and wasted Wednesdays. College is a time to discover who you are as a person inside, as well as what you think you want to do with the rest of your life. Many seniors still don't know what they want to do. I'm one of them. I know I want to go to law school but I also want to join the Peace Corp. I sometimes can't wait till next year of this time because then I'll be slightly more sure.

Its funny because my brother is going to college next year. He is so excited and nervous! I keep telling him he is going to have the time of his life. Just no DUIs or anything like that because I am not going to be bailing him out ( I bailed a friend out once from jail. Long crazy story). I remember my first day of college. You don't know anyone or where to go. You get lost going to class. You feel like a idiot, loser freshmen thinking this college thing will never end. You assume by your 2nd year, you probably know what you want to major in and do with your life. Then poof, three years later, going into your last year and you still have no clue. Worried as hell you will disappoint your parents. You go into college thinking you will take over the world assuming you are the brightest person. Then you meet people who are smarter than you (You've meet fierce competitors).

Like I told my brother: You probably won't be sure what you want to do with your life. You might think money isn't important at first but when junior year rolls around, you want to major in something that makes you money. Party hard but work even harder. Be happy that mom and dad are paying for everything. Join some clubs (something I didn't do much of because I am way too focused on my GPA). Meet new people and room with people you don't know. Rooming with someone is different from just being friends with someone. When you live with someone, it is a totally different experience. Last but not least, JUST ENJOY THE NEXT 4 YEARS OF YOUR LIFE. IF YOU THINK HIGH SCHOOL PASSED BY FAST, COLLEGE WILL BE FASTER. O yea, remember to study abroad! Its the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment