Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Dean and Deluca


This is one of my favorite food shops in NYC. I love Whole Foods also but Dean and Deluca is a little more upscale. The one I go to, in Soho, is small but its filled with the most delicious food. My fave is the red velvet cupcakes and cakes. So good. They don't actually make it but they shop around the best bakeries in NYC, then bring it to us, their customers. They also have great sushi and sandwiches, which are pricey but delicious. Tuna on marble is my favorite and my brother loves the Ruben.

There is usually a line for the coffee line but other than that its not that bad. Lots of tourist come here too. Some things I would never buy from them are their candy because I can buy swedish fish at Duane Reade for way less. They charge more for their candies because they slap their name across the package.

Back to the good things about Dean and Deluca! They have really great, high quality foods like seafood salad, whole salmon, fresh pasta and when I went by today they have FRENCH MACARONS! I hate American macarons ever since I had my first taste of French ones. Had so many this summer when I was in France. Laduree and Paul's in Paris has the best (they are owned by the same company). Paul's in Paris also has the best sandwiches. I am getting hungry thinking about all the food I had in Europe specially Paris. My cousin is actually there right now studying abroad, lucky! The macarons at Dean and Deluca are good but not quite as great as Laduree. But hey that was the best I had since I got back here.

So what are some of your favorite food places to shop at? Any great places in NYC for French macarons? The macarons are about $2 for a small at D&D.

No comments:

Post a Comment