Sunday, August 2, 2009

DOUBLE EYELIDS: A VERY TOUCHY SUBJECT

For people who are Asians out there, especially girls, you guys all know what I am talking about. DOUBLE EYELIDS! Yes, many of you will be like WTF is she blogging about. Well, a double eye lid is the crease/fold that most people have on top of the eyelids. Only 50% of Asians are naturally born with this and the other aren't. Growing up I was always told how lucky one was to be able to be blessed with them. Parents literally check their babies eyes out right after they open their eyes just to see. Only 4 people in my family have this.I didn't have them, but my mom has been offering me a procedure to fix that. The cost can run anywhere from $2,000 to $4,000. I am seriously thinking about taking my parents offer and doing it during my Christmas vacation from school. My older cousins are telling me NO, while my cousin Anita (my age) is telling me to go for it if it makes me feel better. She was the lucky one, lol. All the adults in my family are telling me to go for it. One of my aunts even got this procedure done when she was in her 20's. What should I do? Koreans are actually the #1 group of people who get the surgery. I'm not Korean but I have Korean friends who have gone through with procedure. On one hand, I want it but the other hand I feel like I am trying to be more "Western" and denying what makes me Chinese and ME. What do you think? Should I? O yea, many Asian girls buy double eyelid tape to make it seem as if they have some.

No comments:

Post a Comment