Friday, January 15, 2010

HELP HAITI


This blog is about fashion and the little things in life that make us go gaga. But sometimes something happens that makes clothe seem so unimportant. I don't feel like writing about fashion when so many of my friends have families in Haiti and are still awaiting the whereabouts of their families. I already donated, as well as many people I know, so please do if you haven't.

The amount of money I spend on a t-shirt or a pair of shoes can pay for the lively hood of a Haitian family for a year. We here in the US of A are extremely lucky we live in a Democrat country where the government tries its best to help the needy( even though they don't always succeed. Katrina ring a bell, Mr. Bush).

I don't like gruesome pictures of bodies or anything violent so instead of posting any heartbreaking pictures, I decided to post a picture of Haiti itself. The tears, the screams, the worry, the wait, it's all so heartbreaking.

BTW, please don't forget about the beautiful country Dominican Republic as well. Some of my friends' family members in DR are hurt by the earthquake as well. DR is one of the most fun and relaxing places I visited. Please keep them in your prays!

1 comment:

  1. Ditto.
    I also donated recently too.
    Such a tragic event that literally makes you appreciate the many things in your life so much more. . .


    www.thestarvingstylist.com

    ReplyDelete