Thursday, January 7, 2010

Your favorite budget friendly stores?





Ever since I was a kid, my mom would always buy me the most expensive and highest quality items. Her belief was that the more expensive something is, the better quality it is. This is obviously a myth. Not to say my mom is a totally snob because this lady knows her fashion. My mom and aunts have been working in factories since the moved to the USA when they were 13. Though no one in my family owns any factories anymore, they are still obsessed with the quality of any clothing that crosses their paths. They can literally spot a fake or something cheap a mile away.

Though this has rubbed off on me, I still love to shop at more budget friendly retailers like Forever 21 (I use to love it, then I hated it in high school and finally during my last year in college, I like it), Topshop ( quite pricey if you ask me, but I still love it) and H&M ( same love-hate relationship as Forever 21. The locations that sell the best stuff are the 34th, 42nd and 51st ones in NYC). It's funny because when I shop at these stores, I tend not to purchase items over $50, expect topshop because its quite expensive. But when I go into Barneys or Saks, I don't even think twice about spending $300 for a stupid shirt or dress I might wear once. Yes, I know it makes no sense but to me it does. So what are your favorite retailers for bargains?

BTW, I heard that H&M literally throws and slashes everything that doesn't sell in the stores. How crazy is that? Can't they donate it to the poor and needy? What a waste!

No comments:

Post a Comment